Saturday, January 11, 2014

January 6, 2014 -- Ready for Round 2 in Rocky Face!

Hola Familia!

Pues, this week has been great!  The new year has arrived - I can hardly believe it's 2014!   And with it, our new transfer started on Wednesday.

It's already been very different.  We've been speaking in Spanish ALL the time which has been awesome!

It's made me realize how lucky I am to be serving here in the Spanish ward - I have been able to recommit to learning the language and really having effective studies and talking in Spanish all the time!

Any success we had this week I'd attribute all to prayer - Hermana Button came down with a nasty cold on Tuesday, and we were just praying, and praying that she could recover and work in Rocky Face could continue.  We were able to get several members to come out with us, so I was able to go out to the appointments while Hna stayed with the other sisters a couple times.  I really can testify that prayer is real because there were times when I got impressions to call certain people or do certain things that I would never have thought of on my own.  This week we were able to teach Rafael, who is very interested but his wife is Jehovah's Witness and so he is a little scared to commit to anything.  But on Sunday, we were so happy to see him show up to church!  We were a little nervous to have his first sacrament meeting be Fast & Testimony, but it turned out beautifully - there was a sweet baby blessing and then the testimonies were beautiful, there was hardly a dry eye by the end. 

Also Luis is doing awesome, it is SO amazing to see his life continue to change, he recieved the priesthood this week, and his calling as a Ward missionary.  He is on fire about the gospel!

Oh and Sister Button's cold is going away!

I love this work.  As a missionary I am trying harder to be better every day. I believe that exact obedience brings forth more blessings than we can imagine, and I know that everything is possible because of our Savior Jesus Christ and His Atonement for us!

I am so grateful for y'all, for all I've learned from your examples and the love you've shown me.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Love,
Hermana Collier

No comments:

Post a Comment