Wednesday, January 15, 2014

January 13, 2014 -- Busy Hermanas

At a member's home -- they had a huge bonfire, I don't really know why but 'sta bien!  This is their sweet hija, Sarah.

Querida Familia,

Gracias por sus cartas y emails. Me Encanta!

This week has been great.  We had a wonderful lesson with Rafael on Thursday where we committed him to baptism.  Ya see, I can teach and extend commitments and stuff but I can't always understand what they say back, so when he responded and his whole family, who was listening in the other room busted up laughing, I didn't quite know what was going on!
Random pic on the way home from Zone mtg
Ha!  But then he said it more slowly, and I realized he was worried about getting baptized because he has a cold, and doesnt want it to get worse, and he was also wondering if he could wear his sombrero -- the cowboy hat he wears all the time. We had to tell him he probably couldn't.  Sad right!?

The Cardenas Familia, a less active family we love
What was really sad though, is he didn't come to church on Sunday :( He said he would with his nietos, but called before hand to tell us they werent feeling well.  But that's okay, we're going over to his house this week a couple times with people from the ward! (fortifications as I sometimes call it) We will not give up on Rafael! :)

We also OYMed a lady the other day who was super interested and excited to hear our message, and she had a sister living in Utah so wanted to learn some of what her sister believes.  Turns out the appointment fell through - but I didn't feel the same way I usually do after something like that, I had a feeling that all is well and we'll get to meet with Maria sometime soon.

I'm super exctied for that.

Please pray for Rafael and his family.  We want to not only baptize him, but the members of his family that are ready.  So we're praying that they'll be open to start listening to the discussions whenever we come over.
Another pic with Familia Cardenas
I am so grateful for y'all!

Have a gREAT semana!

Love,
Hermanita Collier
With Hna Edlund, new in Dalton




No comments:

Post a Comment